Environment and compliance with standards
OUR VISION: “A SUSTAINABLE STRATEGY!” JOIN A SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT APPROACH FOUNDED ON A STRONG PASSION.
Aware of the challenges involved in protecting our environment, Sotexpro is a committed and responsible player with an objective to defend the needs of future generations.
SOTEXPRO IS COMMITTED
From our choice of raw materials to its manufacture, and also including the marketing of our offer, we voluntarily engage in an environmental approach based on the key themes described below.
GUARANTEE THE QUALITY AND TRACEABILITY OF PRODUCTS
Our products bearing the OEKO-TEX “Confidence in Textiles” label ensure comfort and additional safety. With this certification issued by a recognised and independent European body, we can guarantee that the vast majority of our fabrics are non-toxic, non-allergenic and therefore contribute modestly towards protecting the environment. This label is more demanding than the REACH Directive.
The objective of the REACH Directive is to better manage health and environmental risks that could result from producing and using substances of very-high concern (SVHC). It is therefore our responsibility to prove (declaration, information) that all of the substances used in our productions are harmless for people and environmentally safe.
CONTROLLING ENERGY CONSUMPTION AND PRESERVING RESOURCES
In general, SOTEXPRO’s production activities only provoke low environmental impacts in terms of emissions and harmful substances. Nevertheless, with a permanent view to reducing energy consumption and preserving resources, Sotexpro has also set up:
- A system for sorting, compacting and recycling waste (cardboard, fabrics, plastics, metals, etc.)
- The recycling of transfer papers used on machines. They are then reused by florists as wrapping paper
- Recycling polyester fabric. It is used to make blankets or felts
- The use of fabric offcuts with acrylic coating for filling or padding purposes is being researched.
- The recovery of plastic as a secondary raw material in the development of garden accessories and garbage bags
- A policy to reduce paper consumption through fully computerised sales management and administration (Electronic Document Management implemented in 2004), and the development of numerous online communication mediums (catalogues and technical sheets)
OPTIMISE TRANSPORT AND PRODUCT PACKAGING
- Setting up rotary rollers to reduce losses,
- Setting up new low-energy looms
- Improvement of building insulation
- Use of digital ink printers on aqueous bases
- A rainwater harvesting system is also under study
Optimiser le transport et les emballages produits
Sotexpro employs a locally based workforce and local subcontractors, thus reducing the company's carbon footprint. Not to mention daily actions and steps taken towards building a more environmentally respectful business, such as grouping shipments and reducing packaging.
We are demonstrating our desire to act as an eco-friendly business!